Sunday, October 2

Neighborhood News from the Aeron Potato

Hey, I have to start paying attention to Eventful. Neuza loooooves Beck (because he groks Tropicalia, in part) and the dude is playing at the minor league stadium at Coney Island tomorrow with other South American favorites. I owe her a day out. Since I quit my job I've had a hard time letting go of the killer work routine. I just reproduce it in my home office, like my granddad did after he retired. He'd put on a tie and sit at his desk and monitor the radio and clip items out of the newspapers and file them away and write letters to football coaches and elected officials. The thing is, it actually is good, in general, to work, even when you grow to hate your job. At the job, I didn't have a cat to mess around with, of course, or slippers and a nice carpet and a semiclad wife running around; and I certainly could not smoke like a chimney at my desk. Point is, I'm pretty attached to my Ubuntu box. Maybe too much. So, I am learning Java in Eclipse and futzing around with XML, and blogging idly, and reading lots of Latin American books, like this history of the secret services in Brazil and Vargas Llosa's first novel and lots of Rubem Fonseca. This arthritis and bursitis in my shoulder gives me a good excuse to be an Aeron potato, I maintain. Hurts like a ... a ... ah, um. Of course, the so and sos at the old company say they are following the letter of the law on the COBRA benefits--taking the whole 30+15 days to process the transition from their account to mine--so that I have to pay out of pocket for my physical therapy this month, then get reimbursed when I get the COBRA going after that 15-day gap. Or else I have to wait. Hard to understand: they have stopped paying, so why not just send out the paperwork now? It's not going to cost them anything, right? Are they being petty or is it just the usual mindless corporate BS? I remember getting this memo once, by mistake, I guess, about how they were going to delay paying vendors, and asking them about it, and them swearing up and down that did not include my freelancers, even though that was not in the memo. Aw, who cares? One of my ETFs is up 30% in the last 6 months! Job market has been pretty good, though, I have had several interviews already. Maybe could be working on an IT security publication next (with a circulation literally 100x that of the last pub), or working on a daily news desk on loan securitization and derivatives, or following leveraged buyouts. It's a little nerve-wracking, but at least I have some quality operations calling me in; one is bound to make a decent offer. Right? Right? I am rooting for a job with more writing, one of the things that did not materialize in the last gig. Things are nice in the hood, it's Autumn in New York. Why does it seem so inviting? I like this new mural on our block, thinking of asking the same group to do one on our building. The grrrrls downstairs and the wife conspired to take over the management of the condo from the majority owner, so we got some beautification projects going on .... If you don't live in Brooklyn, I feel sorry for ya!

11 Comments:

Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

10/02/2005 04:44:00 am  
Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

10/02/2005 05:45:00 am  
Blogger jon said...

We are trying to find good movie dvd video rental to take the kids this weekend. Good movie dvd video rental reviews are hard to find

I just stumbled onto your blog while looking. Seems to happen to me a lot since I am a knowledge mooch LOL

Thanks

10/02/2005 06:39:00 pm  
Blogger jiri said...

Cool Blog, I never really thought about it that way.

I have a Hurricane Katrina blog. It pretty much covers hurricane related stuff.

Thank you - and keep up the thoughts!

10/03/2005 05:55:00 pm  
Blogger 121774 said...

Cool blog! If you get a chance you may want to visit this penis enlargement reviews website, it is very cool.

10/07/2005 04:35:00 am  
Blogger Enlargement said...

Not what I was searching for, but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back.

My site is a bit different, some think it's odd. I guess it's a matter how you look at it. I have a cream enlargement penis related site. Most of the articles are on cream enlargement penis.

10/17/2005 06:13:00 am  
Blogger Lucifer said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

10/18/2005 09:07:00 pm  
Blogger Greg said...

Do You Want To Change Your Life... Do you need help in the following areas: Relationships , Relationships, Relationships, Relationships , Relationships , Relationships , and Relationships ... Then quit procrastinating and Become the person you want to be.. I am Glad that you let me post on your site.. My goal in life is to teach people how to succeed in life with simple goal setting and motivation techniques....

1/15/2006 12:52:00 am  
Blogger superlong said...

Cool site on penis site myspace.com Check out my Penis Enlargement

4/20/2006 04:09:00 am  
Blogger superlong said...

Cool site on penis erection Check out my Penis Enlargement

4/26/2006 10:37:00 am  
Blogger Spindrift said...

Hi, I was surfing the internet and happened on your blog. I'm quite impressed , with how this all works. This is one to watch.

Best wishes,

condo rental

5/03/2006 06:30:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home