Sunday, May 8

Flubber Is Real

TimesDispatch.com | Computerized shoes aid mind, sole:

Each shoe contains a microprocessor capable of making 5 million calculations per second. A magnetic sensor in the shoe's heel measures its compression on impact, taking 1,000 readings per second. A secret algorithm (Adidas engineer Mark Oleson says they intentionally omitted it from the patent) decides on the optimal amount of cushioning required. To achieve that, a tiny electric motor, spinning at 6,000 rpm, turns a metal rod that adjusts the hollow plastic heel. All of this is powered by a replaceable 3-volt battery said to last for 100 hours.

Read more from those cheeky bastards at Gizmodo.

2 Comments:

Blogger jon said...

I am looking everywhere for journey shoes and journey shoes, while doing so I somehow stumbled onto your journey shoes blog. I am happy to say I learned something and will look into this further...

Thanks for the great posts...

jon

10/02/2005 02:48:00 am  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Hype blog. And I admire your site and plan on
returning to it! When I web surf it always helps me to
find great blogs.
I can't explain, but you need to check my Keeping Conference Calls blog!

12/12/2005 11:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home