Thursday, March 3

Adventures in Robotics

About a million Citibank credit-card customers mistakenly received letters telling them that they had been reported to a credit bureau recently. The issuer has since sent letters of apology.

Reports the Wall Street Journal. The adverb "mistakenly" modified the passive "received" is classic case of misplaced modifier in that sentence, by the way: The million made no mistake by receiving the letter. It was the sender who erred. But the meaning is clear: The automated systems fouled up in a massive way. Or has Wintermute developed a sense of humor?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lucifer said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

10/18/2005 07:18:00 pm  
Blogger Cocotine said...

Hi,
Found your Blog by chance - Great Stuff.
If anything relating to consumer credit counseling interests you, please drop by at consumer credit counseling.
You'll find some good information.

10/19/2005 08:24:00 am  
Blogger blaze said...

I found your site on apr card credit low quite useful. I also have a site about apr card credit low that you may find useful also. Please feel free to check it out and let me know what you think

10/20/2005 08:30:00 am  
Blogger De Post Man said...

Nice posts. Check out my site http://mortgage.27days27gurus.com/ if you get a chance. mortgage table

10/21/2005 06:22:00 am  
Blogger Credit Center said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about credit cards for bad credit so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

3/01/2006 06:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home