Sunday, January 16

Out, Damned Spot

I almost always agree with Roger Ebert, and this time it's uncanny how much the fat one saw the same things as me in Scorcese's The Aviator.

Okay, okay, what I am saying is how smart I must be to have picked up on the same stuff as Mr. Genius over there in Chicago. Seriously, though, good review of a really great film. Of course, 75% of the reviewers at IMDB gave the film an 8 out of 10 or better. I'm just another a member of the narcissistic herd, king of my own Youniverse. Maybe I just identify a lot with all of Scorcese's tormented antiheroes ... He gets a real, mature performance out of pretty boy DiCaprio; it can't be easy doing a character with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Very moving.

Oh, and there's hot babes a-go-go! Cate Blanchett as Kate Hepburn (passionate sigh) ... Seriously, though, there's this running motif of Hughes standing in front of the projection screen, with the images flowing over his body, it's striking, beautiful, and, like, totally deep and stuff. ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home