Tuesday, December 14

Today at One State

Ever have one of those days where there's so much to do that there's no point trying to do any of it? So you start blogging instead?

That's me.

Not really. But I've crossed enough items off my evolving list to take a breather.

I got some nice publications lately from the American Society of Business Publication Editors (below).

Their Editor's Notes newsletter is lovely and has interesting stuff, including an appeal from a henchperson of outgoing Homeland Security czar eunuch Tom Ridge to the business press:

The business press is a critical factor in disseminating national security information to the public, says Tasia Scolinos, the DHS senior director for communications.

We like to think so. The most unambiguous bit of information these days seems to be the lack of unambiguous information. I read a lot about the BSA and USA PATRIOT these days. Speaking of public information, disinformation, and misinformation, I'm enjoying John Brown's Public Diplomacy Press Review--request it by sending an e-mail--another newsletter that comes into my Gmail inbox with actionable intelligence.

Jeez, what a day. Off to the Xmas media reception of a big Eurobank at Grand Central. Your chocolate brandy balls and canapes will not sway me in your favor, but you are certainly welcome to try, you European slicksters ... But first I've got to get out this coverage of a Broad Street press conference with IBM and the NYSE, covered by our correspondent in China before bopping off to Hong Kong ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home