Friday, November 26

Thankfully

That's me and my wife, the Foca Louca, at last summer's Coney Island Mermaid Parade. "Foca," by the way, means "seal" in Portuguese--as in the aquatic mammal--and is also Brazilian slang for a neophyte journalist. Neuza is actually quite the veteran, and still writes her column for a S�o Paulo lifestyle magazine.

If it weren't for the FL, there would have been no deep-fried turkey from Jive Turkey for Thanksgiving yesterday! I would have been able to stare at professional football all afternoon instead of "Gone With The Wind" on Turner Movie Classics. My personal den of contemplation at home would not be so comfortably furnished, there'd be no one else logged onto my personal WiFi network, my feet would get cold at night and there'd be no clean socks to layer on.

Thankfully, this lovely Brazilian woman has found a way to put up with me. Putting up with her fanatical Beatlemania and her inability to refrain from adopting small furry creatures is a small price to pay for having my life transformed into a paradise on earth! Thank you, Jesus, Yahweh, Buddha, Allah, Hindu deities, Coyote, Papa Legba, 12-Step Higher Power, and the various orix�s, for bringing me an angel devil in a blue dress paulistana. And thank you that we didn't wind up like this typical middle American family grouping:

A man was charged with stabbing two relatives after they allegedly criticized his table manners during Thanksgiving dinner. Police said the fight broke out Thursday when Gonzalo Ocasio, 49, and his 18-year-old son, Gonzalo Jr., reprimanded Frank Palacious for picking at the turkey with his fingers, instead of slicing off pieces with a knife. Palacious, 24, described by police only as an uncle, allegedly responded by stabbing them with a carving knife. He is charged with domestic assault and assault with intent to murder, Detective Sgt. Thomas R. Radula said.

1 Comments:

Blogger randini said...

Excellent blog. Your site was great and will be
finding it again!  I surf the net for blogs like
yours.
Look into my cash advance st louis blog.

1/20/2006 12:39:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home