Wednesday, November 10

Money Makes the World Go Round

Global Rich List:

You are in the top 0.779% richest people in the world. There are 5,953,222,435 people poorer than you.

Oh, and in case you?re interested you are the 46,777,565th richest person in the world.

From the del.icio.us/SIN inbox--my ad hoc work blog, where I log passing interests of the moment, stuff I need to learn about to edit the week's influx of stories. I monitor a bunch of different keywords and few economics and business contributors, although the social bookmark site is pretty geek-dominated. If only they would release the source code, we off-topic altergeeks could ghettoize and stop bothering the codeheads!

All part of my ongoing effort to maximize the flow of relevant content into my head as early in the morning as possible. It's not as easy as it should be. Just started using PubSub in addition to the other business news and PR wires, for example. (They had a rep at BloggerCon, by the way.) Not yet seeing where it's an improvement on PR Newswire or BusinessWire for my needs, really--but don't mistake that for a considered review. My pub covers a weird little sector that's not really part of any standard taxonomy of the business world covered by research and the business press, so it could be that I am going to have to construct my own index out of various and sundry lists and enter all the tickers manually.

Also seems like a mistake for PubSub to market themselves through Gush--although I haven't looked at it lately, maybe I should give it another shot. I found it to be a bandwidth and attention hog when I test-drove it before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home