Thursday, November 18

The Arcane and Aggressive World of Trading

Owner of Big Electronic Stock Trading System Is Said to Be for Sale: Big news for followers of what the NYT calls "the arcane and aggressive world of trading" ...
A sale would accelerate consolidation in the arcane and aggressive world of trading, where exchanges fight to be the place where trades are executed. The New York Stock Exchange controls about 80 percent of trading in its listed stocks. On the Nasdaq market, however, trading is divided among three electronic giants: Nasdaq, Archipelago and Instinet.

Our market structure editor "went over to the dark side" so we haven't been vigilant in this sector. That was my one contribution to the enterprise last week, a week when I was zonked by toothache pain and strategically administered vicodins--"Let's see, I don't have to think creatively for the next four hours, so I can afford to alleviate the bone-ache in my jaw"--I tracked all her coverage in the archives and marked down the bare minimum of stories we need to pick up the slack on following up on.

6 Comments:

Blogger mia said...

I really enjoy your content on currency trading and will be back very frequently! I actually have my own currency trading secrets blog with all kinds of secret stuff in it. You're welcome to com by!

9/06/2005 07:55:00 am  
Blogger jenna said...

Very nice work on your blog, It was fun to read! I am still not done reading everything, but I bookmarked you! I really like reading about currency trading and I even have an currency trading secrets blog if you want some more content to discuss.

9/13/2005 04:35:00 am  
Blogger learn2stocktrade.com said...

Congratulations on producing a great blog! I will book mark and return!

I have a great site. We offer some great products\services related to including some freebies!

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

1/04/2006 07:26:00 pm  
Blogger learn2stocktrade.com said...

Congratulations on producing a great blog! I will book mark and return!

I have a great learn to trade stock options site. We offer some great products\services related to learn to trade stock options including GREAT some freebies!

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

1/05/2006 02:17:00 pm  
Blogger Joe Berenguer said...

Hey Blogger, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have acredit center site. It pretty much covers credit center related subjects.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

3/10/2006 06:49:00 pm  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hey Fellow, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about credit center.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
credit center
I wish you all the best!

3/11/2006 06:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home