Friday, October 29

Yo' Mama, Osama

Al-Jazeera Broadcasts Tape by Bin Laden. Yes, he's baaaaack. In a way, I suppose the whole thing is really a corollary of the "be the media" phenomenon, isn't it? A camcorder, a network of foot messengers (and a well-founded reputation for mass murder) and you can pull off an impeccably timed little PR coup like this one.

It makes me laugh a little bit--the other emotions simmer below the surface. Reminds me, for some reason, of a funny skit on Brazil's "Casseta e Planeta" about Osama living in a favela as the hen-pecked husband of a bossy fat lady ...

Gonna be an interesting weekend of TV, I'm guessing. I liked the fact that Yahoo rang my cell phone as soon as it learned of the news, within 15 minutes of the al-Jazeera broadcast ...

1 Comments:

Blogger amaretto-mudslide said...

Powerful blog. The site was incredible and will be
back again! Web surfing helps to find good blogs like
this one.
Look into my cash in advance loan blog.

1/25/2006 05:55:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home